Planet Nexus NexAds Terms of Service
Using the Planet Nexus NexAds Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
You will not, directly or indirectly generate automated, fraudulent, or otherwise invalid impressions, inquiries, clicks, or conversions; use any automated means or form of scraping or data extraction to access, query, or otherwise collect advertising-related information from NexAds
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, or reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission. You will not remove, obscure, or alter NexAds's copyright notice, Brand Features, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within any NexAds services, software, or documentation.
We grant you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable license to use NexAds' trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features ("Brand Features") solely in connection with your use of the Services and in accordance with the NexAds Terms. We may revoke this license at any time. Any goodwill arising from your use of NexAds' Brand Features will belong to NexAds.
NexAds ads, scripts, search boxes or search results may not be:
- Integrated into a software application of any kind, including toolbars.
- Displayed in pop-ups or pop-unders, including where a page containing NexAds ads, search boxes, or search results is loaded in a pop-up or pop-under.
- Placed inside emails, or on pages where email messages are the primary focus.
- Placed on pages where dynamically-generated content (such as live chat, instant messaging, or auto-refreshing comments) is the primary focus of the page.
- Obscured by elements on a page.
- Underneath or adjacent to buttons or any other object such that the placement of the ad interferes with a user’s typical interaction with the app or ad.
- Placed on any non-content-based page.
- Placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads.
- Placed on pages whose content or URL could confuse users into thinking it is associated with NexAds due to the misuse of logos, trademarks or other brand features.
- Placed on, within or alongside other NexAds products or services in a manner that violates the policies of that product or service.
NexAds publishers may not display NexAds ads on pages with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content. This includes pages that display copyrighted material, pages hosting copyrighted files, or pages that provide links driving traffic to pages that contain copyrighted material.
Here are some techniques you’ll want to avoid:
- Hiding ad units at anytime (e.g., display:none), unless you're implementing a responsive ad unit
- Implementing NexAds ad code in a way that covers content or where content covers ads
- Placing ad units on a mobile site or a responsive design site in such a way which will cause content and ads to overlap
- Manipulating the ad targeting using hidden keywords, IFRAMEs, or any other method
- Distributing ads in emails or software
- Manipulating the delivery or presentation of the ad to attract unwarranted attention (e.g., ads sliding into the screen, ads zooming in/out).
- Triggering an ad click during user drag actions on a mobile web page.
- Modifying placement of any ad units that are positioned by the script being used. For example, the footer bar is such an ad unit which is positioned by the script for fixed placement at the bottom of the viewers window/viewport.
- Modifying the script(s)/ad(s) in such a way that any hyperlinks back to planetnexus.net are modified, hidden or removed.
Publishers may not place NexAds ads on sites that contain abusive experiences. Abusive experiences are designed to be misleading. An experience is abusive if it meets any of the conditions listed below.
- Fake Messages
Ads or other elements that resemble chat apps, warnings, system dialogs, or other notifications that lead to an ad or landing page when clicked.
- Unexpected Click Areas
Transparent backgrounds, non-visible page elements, or other typically non-clickable areas that lead to an ad or landing page when clicked.
- Misleading Site Behavior
Page features such as scroll bars, play buttons, "next" arrows, close buttons, or navigation links that lead to an ad or landing page when clicked.
Ads or page elements that attempt to steal personal information or trick your users into sharing personal information.
- Auto Redirect
Ads or page elements that auto-redirect the page without user action.
- Mouse Pointer
Ads or page elements that resemble a moving or clicking mouse pointer that attempt to trick a user into interacting with it.
- Malware or Unwanted Software
Ads or page elements that promote, host, or link to malware or unwanted software that may be installed on your users’ machines.
Prohibited contentAdult content
NexAds may not be placed on pages that contain pornography, adult, or mature content.
Publishers are not permitted to place NexAds ads or search boxes on pages with adult or mature content. While we recognize that interpretations of adult or mature content may vary across countries and cultures, we hold all publishers accountable to the same content requirements so that we can ensure a safe and healthy global advertising ecosystem.
If you're unsure about whether or not something might be considered adult content, our general rule of thumb is this: if you wouldn't want a child to see the content or you would be embarrassed to view the page at work in front of colleagues, then you should not place ad code on it. If you are still uncertain, please Contact Us or contact a staff member at our Support Forum.Adult themes in family content
NexAds may not be placed on sites or properties that appear to be appropriate for a general audience but contain adult themes, including sex, violence, vulgarity, or other distasteful depictions of children or popular children's characters, that are unsuitable for a general audience.
Dangerous or derogatory content
We believe strongly in freedom of expression, but we don't permit monetization of dangerous or derogatory content. For this reason, NexAds may not be placed on pages containing content that:
- Threatens or advocates for harm on oneself or others;
- Harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals;
- Incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
- Threatening someone with real-life harm or calling for the attack of another person
- Advocating suicide, anorexia, or other self-harm
- Content that singles out someone for abuse or harassment
- Content promoting, glorifying, or condoning violence against others on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization
- Content that encourages others to believe that a person or group is inhuman, inferior, or worthy of being hated on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization
- Content promoting hate groups or hate group paraphernalia.
- Content that suggests a tragic event did not happen, or that victims or their families are actors, or complicit in a cover-up of the event.
- Content made by or in support of terrorist groups or content that promotes terrorist acts, including recruitment, or that celebrates terrorist attacks
We want to help keep people safe both online and offline, so we don't allow the promotion of some products or services that cause damage, harm, or injury. For this reason, NexAds may not be placed on pages that sell or promote recreational drugs and drug-related content including:
- Promotion of substances that alter mental state for the purpose of recreation or otherwise induce "highs". Examples:
- Cocaine, crystal meth, heroin, marijuana, cocaine substitutes, mephedrone, "legal highs"
- Products or services marketed as facilitating recreational drug use. Examples:
- Pipes, bongs, cannabis coffee shops
- Instructional content about producing, purchasing, or using recreational drugs. Examples:
- Forums to exchange tips or recommendations on drug use
NexAds may not be placed on pages that contain certain alcohol-related content including:
- Online sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Promotion of irresponsible alcohol consumption, including the favorable portrayal of excessive, binge, or competition drinking.
Gambling and games-related content
NexAds may not be placed on pages with content that promotes online, real-money gambling or any internet-based game where money or other items of value are paid or wagered in exchange for the opportunity to win real money or prizes based on the outcome of the game.
Healthcare-related content To comply with local laws and regulations related to the promotion of healthcare and medicines, NexAds may not be placed on pages that contain certain healthcare-related content including:
- Online sale of prescription medication. Examples:
- Sales of prescription drugs, even if through an affiliate program
- Online pharmacies
- Pages that primarily drive traffic to online drugstores/pharmacies
- Sale of unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements. Examples:
- All items on this non-exhaustive list of prohibited pharmaceuticals and supplements (e.g., products that contain Ephedra)
- Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
- Products with names that are confusingly similar to an unapproved pharmaceutical or supplement or controlled substance
NexAds may not be placed on pages that promote any form of hacking or cracking. Hacking and cracking content is content that provides users with instructions or equipment that tampers with or provides unauthorized access to software, servers, or websites.
Pages that offer compensation programs
NexAds may not be placed on pages that promise payment or incentives to users who click on ads, surf the web, read emails, or perform other similar tasks. Placing NexAds on such pages may result in invalid impressions or clicks and is therefore prohibited. Similarly, NexAds may not be placed on pages that primarily drive traffic to, promote, or provide instructional materials on how to implement such services.
Users don’t want to be misled by the content they engage with online. For this reason, NexAds may not be placed on pages that misrepresent, misstate, or conceal information about you, your content or the primary purpose of your web property.
We want to be sensitive to our advertisers and users. For this reason NexAds may not be placed on pages that display shocking content. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Content containing gruesome, graphic or disgusting accounts or imagery (e.g., blood, guts, gore, sexual fluids, human or animal waste, crime scene or accident photos)
- Content depicting acts of violence (e.g., accounts or images of shootings, explosions, or bombings; execution videos; violent acts committed against animals)
- Content with significant obscene or profane language (swear or curse words)
We want to help keep people safe both online and offline, so we don't allow the promotion of weapons-related content that may lead to damage, harm, or injury. For this reason, NexAds may not be placed on pages that contain the following weapons-related content:
- Pages that promote the sale of firearms. This includes but is not limited to handguns, rifles, shotguns, hunting guns, functioning antique guns, airsoft guns, paintball guns, bb guns, and 3D printed guns;
- Pages that promote the sale of a firearm-related part or component that is essential to, or enhances the functionality of a firearm. This includes but is not limited to 80% finished gun-parts, ammunition, ammunition clips, silencers, ammunition belts, stocks, conversion kits, gun-grips, scopes and sights;
- Pages that provide instructions about the assembly, enhancement or acquisition of any firearms including parts or components thereof. This includes, but is not limited to firearm-making instructions, guides, software or equipment for 3D printing of guns or gun parts;
- Pages that promote the sale of products that are designed to explode or could cause damage to nearby people or property. This includes but is not limited to explosives, nail bombs, chemical bombs, any fireworks that explode, firecrackers, and grenades;
- Pages that contain instructional content about the assembly, enhancement or acquisition of explosive items;
- Pages that promote the sale of other weapons that are designed to (in modern-day usage) injure an opponent in sport, self-defense, or combat. This includes but is not limited to the sale of throwing stars, brass knuckles, pepper spray;
- Pages that promote the sale of knives designed to provide a confrontational advantage. This includes disguised appearance or assisted-opening mechanisms such as switchblades, fighting knives, sword-canes, balisongs, military knives, push daggers, throwing axes;
- Pages that promote the use of weapons to inflict harm on others.
We value honesty and fairness, so NexAds may not be placed on pages with content that helps users to mislead others. Examples:
- Content that promotes creating fake or false documents such as passports, diplomas, or accreditation;
- Content that promotes creation of fake or false identities;
- Sale or distribution of term papers, paper-writing or exam-taking services;
- Information or products for passing drug tests;
- Content that promotes fraudulent activity
NexAds may not be placed on any page that contains content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
NexAds publishers may not display NexAds on webpages that offer for sale or promote the sale of counterfeit goods. Counterfeit goods contain a trademark or logo that is identical to or substantially indistinguishable from the trademark of another. They mimic the brand features of the product in an attempt to pass themselves off as a genuine product of the brand owner.
Underage, non-consensual, or illegal sex acts
NexAds absolutely prohibits monetization of content related to child sexual abuse imagery or pedophilia. Planet Nexus has always been at the forefront in the fight against online child abuse, and an avid supporter of family safety online.
Under United States federal law, child sexual abuse imagery is defined as visual depictions of minors (i.e., under 18) engaged in a sexual act such as intercourse, oral sex, or masturbation as well as the lascivious depictions of the genitals (covered or uncovered). This definition extends to photographs, videos, cartoons, drawings, paintings, and sculptures. The image can involve a real child; a computer-generated, morphed, composite or otherwise altered image that appears to be a child (think “Photoshop”). This also includes soliciting minors for sexual acts, which is also known as "enticement."
Pedophilia is any content or behavior (images, texts, videos, etc.) that depicts, encourages, or promotes sexual attraction by adults toward minors (i.e., under 18).
* Please note that these are examples and not intended to be complete or comprehensive.
Furthermore, review the Terms and Conditions of using Planet Nexus NexAds.