Planet Nexus
NexAds beta is here! - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Planet Nexus News (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: NexAds beta is here! (/showthread.php?tid=77)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Skyon Archer - 01-17-2019

Well apparently a simple name change won't work then. :(

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Helena - 01-17-2019

Can I take a moment here to thank those who are bravely testing the beta? Your patience is very much appreciated, and please--keep trying things out and break them if you can. It all helps get everthing working smoothly in the end.

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Spice - 01-17-2019

I just tried to add it on the one theme and don't know what I did wrong.

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Skyon Archer - 01-17-2019

At the very bottom of Jcink themes, in the Board Wrapper, place the required ad code just above the </body> </html> tags. Save changes and that should be it!

What theme did you add it to so I can go look for myself?

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Cory - 01-18-2019

(01-17-2019, 05:04 PM)Skyon Archer Wrote:  One thing I can do is take the word "ad" out of all the scripts.  This word, of course, raises the attention of adblockers due to the actual word that it is . . . ad.

If I do this, it may not stop the adblocker from blocking our scripts or it may work. Either way, I can try but this will mean I have to rename all script contents for each ad size and everyone will have to re-install the revised scripts for them to work again.

It seems like a lot of work for a maybe of a chance of a good return.  But I'll do whatever the masses call for. :)

I use Adblock Plus and I was able to whitelist planetnexus.net to have the Planet Nexus-related ads/bar appear.

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Bryn - 01-18-2019

If I can suggest one thing, I would like the NexAd Control Panel to have easier navigation instead of having to scroll all the way down for anything like "Your Ad Information". Other than that, looking better :)

(also, I can recognise the same crawlers that were present from the old Nexus... I guess that shows that the NexAds bar is working for me. Yay!)

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Skyon Archer - 01-18-2019

At the top of the control panel there is a "submenu" with links to take you to the various different sections:

Full Width Size:
[Image: ISJE0.md.png]

Reduced Width Size:
[Image: IS9Ay.md.png]

Reduced Even More Width Size:
[Image: IS3a6.md.png]

To return to the top, there is a "to top" button on the bottom right hand side.

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Bryn - 01-18-2019

Crap, I didn't even notice that >_< Thanks :P

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Skyon Archer - 01-18-2019

Please have patience while we are in the "beta" phase of development of NexAds. Some items may not function as intended, suddenly stop operating completely or suddenly start.

Google defines Beta Test as:
Quote:a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

This is where you, our loyal members, play an integral part in the systems success!

Please continue to use the system and please, by all means, let us know of anything that doesn't seem to functioning as you imagine it should.

However, as I asked, also have patience. If suddenly you can't access a specific section of the control panel or for some reason an advertisement isn't displaying, give it a few moments because I may be manipulating the coding on the server at that very moment.

I personally appreciate everyone's participation and hopefully NexAds will help your website, forum or blog grow into a huge success!

RE: NexAds beta is here! - Sandy - 01-19-2019

What's NexAds?