Planet Nexus
The timeline for Nexus transition - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Planet Nexus News (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The timeline for Nexus transition (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Mnikolic - 10-09-2018

Yeah, that's basically it. Brandon stabbed everyone in the back. He could have found a buyer who would be willing to keep at least ZB alive/online and just convert every InvisionFree board to Zeta. It wouldn't be much of a problem, since the software was really easy to use, it just a matter of getting used to the UI of the forums themselves and the UI of the Admin CP. Sure, some users would be still pissed off, i.e. those who didn't even want Zeta, but that doesn't seem like a bad idea right now. Another Serbian-speaking board first transferred from self-hosted MyBB to the now defunct IcyBoards and from there, they actually migrated to TT since they didn't have any other option, but they could have gone to Jcink too, since not even TT will remain online forever, at least not in its current form.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 10-09-2018

I'd have stayed had I had the option of staying on zeta, so would the loads of folk who left for the likes of Jcink and MyBB etc, but seeing crapatalk bought it out and didn't give folk the option, they all left.. Looking on crapa's support site, there's nothing but issues with crapa sites, missing posts, siggies etc etc.. The strange thng was, there was obviously more than enough room on the servers for both zeta and crapa, or all the zeta and Invision sites would've been migrated straight away..

I'm glad I went to Jcink under the circumstances, admittedly it's similar to zeta, just better, the service there is a load better too, it makes me think that crapa won't be round to long either, the software sucks the big hairy lemon and the service via support or support ticket is all but non existent..

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 11-03-2018

I thought it was kind of fun that our Tapatalk version of PN has been awarded 1 (count'em!) ONE gold point. Not only that, but I got an email with the big announcement of the 1 gold point award.

I guess we should have a partee or something! ^_^

Quote:Dear Site Owner,
Congratulations! Last month Planet Nexus have earned +1 Gold points on Tapatalk. As of today, you have a remaining Gold points balance of 1. Here is the summary of your Gold Points activities from October. </
As of 10/31/2018:
Gold Points Beginning Balance 0
Gold Points Earned +1
Gold Points Used+Withdrew -0
Gold Points Ending Balance 1
Please login to your Tapatalk Console to check the detailed Gold Points activities in your account. We’ve got some great ideas to help you find the perfect way to use them.

Convert your Gold points to Cash
Purchase Subscription and Upgrades
Use Gold points for Ad Removal

Thank you, Tapatalk Support Team

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Bryn - 11-04-2018

...and no points for them. There, I said it :P

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 11-04-2018

Gotta wonder what the point of gold points are though, maybe they're thinking they'll get this site back on their network if they're nice t us.. :S

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 12-26-2018

Another spammer..  ::(t's a pity they can't be somehow filtered out, without setting permissions to Admin letting new members in..

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 12-27-2018

That's what I've done for now. We'll do something else when we are ready to open up the new nexus for business. We won't be getting any legit members till then anyway.

Mostly, I've been letting spammers sign up so that Archer can zap them while he's testing the system. But there's a big difference from someone posting a link to nike shoes to stuff like we got yesterday. No bueno.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 12-27-2018

Good to hear you've a plan in place.. :)

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 01-02-2019

How's things going for start up day, or launch day, are we almost ready to go?

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Skyon Archer - 01-03-2019

Well, Sandy, it's a new year and that is a great opportunity for us to roll out a new system.

The staff still needs to get together to finish tweaking the system. Helena wants to do some styling changes.

Please have patience while we get back on the bicycle and start peddling toward the finish line again.