Planet Nexus
The timeline for Nexus transition - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Planet Nexus News (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The timeline for Nexus transition (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 09-22-2018

It would be handy to be able to go back if and when we want and remind ourselves how our sites did while wit the old Nexus and remember the old zeta days..

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Bryn - 09-25-2018

I must say, even if the old Planet Nexus won't be used anymore for obvious reasons, you've done a grand job with keeping the theme. Kudos to you :)

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 09-25-2018

Thanks, for a while we weren't sure what direction we would take, so I spend some time fluffing the Tapatalk pillows in case we needed to hang around there for a while longer.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 09-26-2018

I wonder as to how many of the old zeta staff are still there after the tapatalk buy out? I did hear quite a number left, although I'm not sure if that's the case seeing my ban is still in place..

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 09-26-2018

That would be none. The forum is read only so there is no reason for staff to visit anymore. Constant 502 errors discourage even checking.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 09-27-2018

All the zeta staff left rather than stay with Tapatalk? I understand a few were.. a little annoyed at the sellout, I thought one or two might've stayed with tapatalk though..

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 09-27-2018

It's not a matter of deciding to stay or not. Its about that there is nothing to do there now. Since members can't post there any longer, there is nothing to moderate.

We can talk to each other somewhere else.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 09-28-2018

They could work for tapatalk instead though eh..

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Mnikolic - 09-30-2018

They didn't stay because they didn't agree about how Brian handled everything - from the sellout to the switchover of IF boards to TT, then the assurance that ZB as a forum service would stay online and finally to the sudden decision to switch ZB boards to TT as well. The ZB staff are people who believed in what they did, they loved ZB, some even helped developing it. To find out after 15+ years that all of your coding and designing work would no longer be needed or working because the new platform that yours is switching to isn't compatible with your work must have been devastating to both the staff and the coders. A decade and a half of work and dedication - AND FREE OF CHARGE - was just thrown to the trash with like 1 signature and 1 financial transaction from TT to Brian. Skins, codes, graphic designs made by everyone - all of that is basically useless. All the dedication from the staff members was just thrown out the window. The service doesn't exist anymore.

Cory did create a Jcink board and is trying to salvage what can be salvaged, but he won't be able to save everything since most of the coders and designers left either weeks, months or years ago. Some changed their e-mail addresses and some perhaps don't even care. That and they obviously didn't like the idea of working for/with TT for various professional and/or personal reasons. A decade and a half of hard work and dedication was just spit upon, trashed, thrown into space... Believe me, those kind of people are too proud of their work, their dedication, their goals and they weren't going to just throw them away. TT is not their home, never was and never will be. They called ZetaBoards their internet home. Now that home is gone, so there's no reason for them to stay on a ship that has already been sunk. Of course, Tapatalk must be giving its employees good paychecks, I'm sure of that, but for those who left, the paycheck means them very little if they are not allowed to bring their talents, experience and knowledge up to their full potential. If they have other sources of income and the possibility of (re-)starting their own board elsewhere, they are going to do it. Many actually did and have left before the support board was switched to TT. Myself - I'm fully onboard with everyone who was basically tricked into believing (in) one thing and one person, but instead, they got something they didn't ask for and didn't even want.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 09-30-2018

Unfortunately I don't know the full story over at zeta support as I was permanently banned from the site about 5 years ago, so I'm in the position of only knowing what people have told me.. One thing I was tld was that Brandon basically sold the platform behind the staffs backs, and apparently after saying he wouldn't sell.. IF that's the case I wouldn't expect any of the zetas staff to stay and work for crapatalk, as you rightly say, they've put in hundreds or thousands of hours work for free keeping the place running, only to get stabbed in the back.. I feel almost more for the theme and skin coders who spent hours of time creating new themes or skins only to have them sidelined because they're not compatible with crapatalk, people like Helena created some brilliant themes for zetaboards, now they're no good, lucky indeed that Cory is doing his best to save some of the themes and redo them for Jcink..

If what I've been told to date is correct, I feel what Brandon did was sneaky and underhand, I'm being polite here too, IF he'd had a shred of decency he'd have at least kept the staff informed about what was going on, I think he should've also negotiated something so zeta and IF were kept online rather than every site migrated to crapatalk irrespective of whether site owners wanted it or not, I know I'd have stayed if I had the opportunity to keep using zetaboards software, seeing I didn't get the choice I'm now with Jcink, a lot of site owners have gone there or to other platforms rather than stay with crapatalk, T BH I don't blame folk for bailing out.. I've read a little of the T&C's Tapatalk have and didn't think much of what I read..