Planet Nexus
The timeline for Nexus transition - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Planet Nexus News (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The timeline for Nexus transition (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 07-13-2018

The migrations for ZB to TaT have begun.  I have no idea when PN will be in the queue, but I've poked together an approximation of our theme colors (Transition) for when that happens, and our original board will become an archive, but still open in some fashion.

We will use this board as our new support board for PN2.0.   When our new iteration is ready to go, it will be a completely new system and will need all new documentation. Its a big job, so we really can't predict a launch date at this time.  What we will do is work on a new look, and a new vision for PN.

We can start gathering anyone interested.  It looks like our random posters have mostly moved on, so I don't expect this to be a lively place. But it can be fun to be in on the building of something new, so I'm looking forward to some brainstorming sessions that could help shape our future.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Smokey - 08-17-2018

Looking forward to it! :) I would like to see PN 2.0 to encourage more posting on forums in the tree, more post exchanges between forums, so everyone grows and succeeds.

Support for all major forum softwares & versions (Xenforo 1.5, Xenforo 2.0.x, IPS 4.2/3 etc) are very important as well. :)

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 08-17-2018

Post exchanges might be something we can set up in the forums here, at least to start. The vision for Nexus is broadly expanded in this version, so we expect subscribers from platforms that may not be forum-based. We'll probably have to develope some specialized options. The shape of how that will all be managed is yet to be determined.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 08-25-2018

(08-17-2018, 05:04 AM)Smokey Wrote:  I would like to see PN 2.0 to encourage more posting on forums in the tree...

Wanted to address this thought above.  The real change in the new system will be the ease of commenting and otherwise interacting with visitors to your Nexus page.  One way may be to allow posters to comment by submitting a verifiable email address to unlock commenting permissions.   Even if we decide not to go with that (spam control is an issue),  we are looking at a single registration that allows interaction with any page on the system.  This will eliminate the ease-of-use restraints we had with the old system.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Spice - 08-26-2018

Best of luck.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 08-31-2018

We're on a development hiatus for a short time while Archer tends to some other things, but we hope to get going again soon.

Most of the structure is already in place, and in fact, you can see the test Nexusbar on a couple of the themes here. We just have to put a PN face on the rest and then we can start some beta testing.

Don't give up on us. :)

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Sandy - 09-03-2018

Looking good thus far, good work on yours and Skyon's parts.. :)

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Jane - 09-03-2018

I see the support forum is migrating...’sigh’

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Helena - 09-03-2018

It appears to have been a test, or was aborted for some reason. Makes sense they would attempt a try on a holiday when they don't expect as many people to be on.

RE: The timeline for Nexus transition - Jane - 09-03-2018

Ahhhh. Cant believe its going after all these years.