Planet Nexus
Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Service Discussion & Feedback (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images (/showthread.php?tid=209)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Helena - 12-30-2019

(12-27-2019, 08:04 PM)Sandy Wrote:  Us adding the Nexus bar to our sites is giving here a free push out there...

This is where the discussion started to go wrong. The premise that nexus members are promoting the support forum as if it is some kind of personal benefit to the support forum is just a rather warped view of things.

The support forum exists to help Nexus members use our system to get the most attention possible through displaying the bar and the optional ads. If Planet Nexus itself gets some attention, the result is to increase the advertising reach of the membership when the subscriber list adds more sites. To view Planet Nexus as a competitor to the sites advertised on the Nexus system just doesn't make any kind of logical sense.

In fact, adding the Nexus Bar to your site lets others see your link on all the other sites. If someone sees our link, and follows through to join the system, every member site benefits from increased exposure.

Our job is accomplished when your link is viewed and/or clicked on. Its up to you to make your site interesting enough that people want to join or visit again. We can't do that part for you.

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Aeowulf - 01-20-2020

Sandy, I may have discovered an issue when getting members on your forum. I just tried to sign up and get the following error:

Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You did not enter an option for the "Location" field. Please fill in or select a value for this field.

There was no location field available for me to fill out. So, I can't register at all, nothing I can do about it.

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Sandy - 01-21-2020

We finished that chat about 2 weeks or so ago Helena, and I think to everyone's satisfaction..

Aeowulf, have you tried clearing your browser and trying again? From what I can see the site listed here will take new registrations, the settings look like they're as they should be..

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Aeowulf - 01-21-2020

Just to humor you, I've tried it from 3 browsers. Same error, every time.

Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You did not enter an option for the "Location" field. Please fill in or select a value for this field.

You have somehow set location field as required for registration, but its not present on the registration form. I would assume this is why you've had no new member registrations since August.

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Helena - 01-22-2020

Sandy I can confirm that Aeowulf is correct. I tried to register on this forum:
https://sandysplace.createmybb4.com/index.php
Which is the one linked on the NexusBar.

And on submitting the registration form, I get the same error. This is the error message:

[Image: bdz6B.png]

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Skyon Archer - 01-22-2020

I too am getting the same error message:

[Image: bd2x2.md.png]

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Sandy - 01-22-2020

This is beeping annoying, Helena tried and had the same problem too, I checked in the ACP yesterday and couldn't see anything obvious, I'm quite likely missing something minor though with my current problems.. Help please SA.. :)

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Skyon Archer - 01-22-2020

You'll have to give me access to your Administrative Control Panel so I can look at the settings.

As I can't register, it will have to be an account you have or make a new one for me.

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Skyon Archer - 01-23-2020

This issue has been resolved now.

People should be able to register.

[Image: bd3jy.png]

RE: Promotion responsibility question about Nexus signature images - Helena - 01-23-2020

Archer saves the day once again!

* tosses hero garlands at his feet.....*