Planet Nexus
How to turn visitors into members? - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Service Discussion & Feedback (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: How to turn visitors into members? (/showthread.php?tid=167)

How to turn visitors into members? - Skyon Archer - 06-02-2019

NexAds is a valuable tool in getting visitors to your website, forum or blog.  The most frequent question we hear is:

Quote:How can I turn one time visitors into long time members?

Well here are some answers to that question that we have compiled.  Be sure to reply with your thoughts as well!

Quote:Create an interesting post and link to it from your signature line on other forums, rather than linking to your home page. If the post has many responses, it is likely to inspire the visitor to sign up to add their own opinion. This is the easiest way to turn guests into members as they see how much fun others are having on the forum.

Quote:If your forum is truly interesting then a simple reply to the post of the new member will do as a welcome mat. There are forums that send validation email when you register and once you validate your account, you will again receive an email welcoming you as a valued member. Maybe you can add to that welcome email what’s in store. But I’m sure if you have an ongoing contest or something of benefit to the new member, it is a hook for him to come back.

Quote:If you’re not around, if you never post, people will lose faith. They came to interact with you and other influencers, but if you’re not around, they feel like they get less value out of posting on your board. The more you can participate, the more people will be willing to stick around and engage with you.

So, as stated, what are your thoughts on turning visitors into members?

RE: How to turn visitors into members? - Sandy - 06-02-2019

How do you get your members online in the first place? Most of mine haven't been on since before christmas, so trying to get responses to posts is hard even in the debates..

RE: How to turn visitors into members? - Spice - 06-03-2019

Sandy has a good point.

I have a welcome pm for any new members as well I make sure they get their very own welcome post not one where you welcome everyone.

I value my members and like to give them that person touch.

RE: How to turn visitors into members? - Skyon Archer - 06-03-2019

That's a good point. Make the new member feel welcomed. It's vital that, as a site owner, you get to "know" your members. Showing that you have at least taken the time to invest energy into learning who they are/what they do/etc. will pay off in the long run.

You are the ring leader, the head honcho, the number one and your active participation and being able to identify with your members will aid in your site becoming a success.

Any other valuable thoughts on this topic . . . .

RE: How to turn visitors into members? - Sandy - 06-03-2019

I had the welcome PM with zetaboards, I can't see if JCink does one or not, if the do my eyesights not good enough to set things up in the ACP, been waiting for Jane to come back, maybe Skyon knows how to set up things in JCink?

RE: How to turn visitors into members? - Spice - 06-05-2019

Sandy if you go to your AC Panel, System Setttings, Welcome Messages, you can easily do this yourself.

I don't bother with the welcome bot, but I have Enable Auto PM mod? set up so new members get a welcome pm.

You can also choose whether or not they get a pop up for the welcome.

Then just fill in the Auto Pm Subject, your auto pm text message, save it and that is it.

RE: How to turn visitors into members? - Sandy - 06-05-2019

I could do it if my eyesight was good enough, the font in the JCink ACP is to small, using the ctrl + doesn't increase the size for me..

RE: How to turn visitors into members? - Jane - 01-26-2020

To revive this thread...

Having paid for hosting has got to be the way to go. Plus the nexus bar which is awesome!  :bow:

Since we opened in October, membership has steadily been growing. Which is also awesome.

Lots of interesting,(I hope) threads,terrible jokes... :D  plus other unique things that, as far as I know, not seen anywhere else. 

Must look into welcome pm when people register... 

Then there are sections that are only available to registered users, plus a unique members only section.

So...for anyone looking for fun,friendship and terrible jokes,   :D ;)  plus lots more...come and join us!

oh and good smileys lol.