Planet Nexus
PN 2.0 theme feedback - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Service Discussion & Feedback (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PN 2.0 theme feedback (/showthread.php?tid=15)

Pages: 1 2

PN 2.0 theme feedback - Helena - 08-23-2018

This theme is built on the color scheme we are planning for the new nexus pages. So we are going for a unified effect, but one that is simple enough that subscribers will have an easy time customizing their own page within our basic framework.

Most of the theme is done. Its not the final so you may still come across some defaults, especially in tiny buttons/icons. Those will mostly be gone or replaced in the final version. when its all said and done it will be a responsive theme as well. I'm mainly interested in comfort for browsing, ease of use, anything that looks wrong or out of place.

Any comments, observations, feedback or issues.  Post 'em up here.

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Helena - 08-25-2018

UPDATE: PN 2.0 is now temporary until we fix some bugs in a fully responsive version that you will find in the theme changer now. Working theme name is Flex PN

I've also adjusted some colors today on Transition to keep it more in line with our legacy color pallette. It's not Green Vellum, but it might remind you of it. I don't plan on putting a lot of work into it, so not looking for any critiques there. It is the default while we are building Flex PN just so visitors have to go through an airlock to get into the "workshop", since we are really not open for business yet. But you are welcome to use any of the themes in the changer in the meantime.

We can't move to the responsive version yet, because there is an issue with a login error. Once that is fixed, PN 2.0 will be retired and Flex PN will become our default theme.

Please give it a test run, and let us know what you think about its performance on your mobile devices and and issues you might have using it.

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Sandy - 09-24-2018

Have we got an approximate timeframe for when the site will be up and running yet? I realise you can't give a firm date as there's no doubt a fair bit to do, and tweeks to be made, both of you have done well this far though.. :)

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Helena - 09-25-2018

We are still on hiatus until Archer has time to work on this again. Nothing much can happen before then.

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Sandy - 09-26-2018

He's been disappeared again for sometime, it must make it hard putting approximate timeframes on things, especially as he's here and gone so much, maybe on his return we should tie him down until he's finished sorting things out, and ironed out any bugs..

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Skyon Archer - 11-23-2018

I anticipate returning to work on this project in the next couple of weeks and anticipate an end-of-year implementation of the "new" PN.

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Helena - 11-24-2018

Awesome news. Ready to assist however I can.

Interesting Factoid: The original PN went live on Jan 1, 2010.

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Sandy - 11-24-2018

I'll use Helena's coffee to help leep you awake.. ;)

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Helena - 11-25-2018

If you are using the PN2.0 theme, please switch to FlexPN.

I will be disabling the 2.0 theme shortly.

RE: PN 2.0 theme feedback - Sandy - 11-25-2018

Where da theme selector thingy? :S