Planet Nexus
RANDOM comments - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: RANDOM comments (/showthread.php?tid=1)

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 12-24-2019

(12-24-2019, 08:59 AM)Jane Wrote:  It’s Christmas Eve!   Cool

So exciting...speaking of exciting...my new bot avatars are exciting! Thanks to the awesomeness of Skyon Archer... :bow:   The snow is falling ,lights are shining... all is festive at Friendly Chatting.

Have a great day everyone. I hope santa brings you awesome things this year...happy Christmas!  :bow: :hi: :)

We're 9 hours in to xmas day and it's already been completely screwed up for me..

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 12-24-2019

(12-24-2019, 12:01 AM)Skyon Archer Wrote:  I know you are simply trying to be argumentative and grumpy, but like I said previously:

Code:
Ad Views: 73,659
Unique Viewers: 5,671

Your advertisement had been viewed 73,659 times, by 5,671 unique viewers. If you don't like that terminology, you could swap it to

Code:
Total amount of times your Ad was displayed on someone's browser, phone, tablet, pad and seen by anyone/everyone: 73,659
Total number of Unique (distinctive, individual, special, being the only one of its kind, unlike anything else) People that saw those 73,659 views: 5,671

They are considered as unique because they are "distinctive". John Doe may have seen your advertisement 1,400 times but will only be counted as 1. So, if Helena viewed your ad 10 times, Skyon viewed it 20 times, Jane viewed it 30 times, Spice viewed it 5 times . . . no matter how many times each of them saw your advertisement, they are only seen as one for a total of 4 Unique Viewers. Their total views of 65 times would be the total Ad Views.

Be nice or Santa's gonna bring you coal! :D

I'm not actually, just trying to find out what unique viewers are and why they're called that when all they are is people..

Coal, love it, it's selling well at present so I gear, we'e 9.5 hours into xmas day here and I've only one small bag of coal at present, the rest of the presemts are from admirers..

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 12-24-2019

(12-24-2019, 08:33 PM)Sandy Wrote:  I'm not actually, just trying to find out what unique viewers are and why they're called that when all they are is people..

To answer you, it is to emphasize that they are distinct, unique, individually counted people. However, they aren't necessarily people. They can also be spiders and bots. So calling them "people" isn't correct, since they are simply "viewers" of your advertisement. Unique viewers of your advertisement, if you will. As such, that's why they are called Unique Viewers.

Okay, they could be called "Unique People, Bots, Spiders and Anyone/Anything else on the internet that may have viewed your advertisement" . . . but isn't it easier to just say "Unique Viewers"?!

I hope Santa visited you and brought you happy gifts. It's mid-day here, on Christmas Eve, and I'm hoping he doesn't give it all away before he gets here! I've been a good boy this year so I'm hopeful for something fantastic :)

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 12-25-2019

(12-24-2019, 09:39 PM)Skyon Archer Wrote:  
(12-24-2019, 08:33 PM)Sandy Wrote:  I'm not actually, just trying to find out what unique viewers are and why they're called that when all they are is people..

To answer you, it is to emphasize that they are distinct, unique, individually counted people. However, they aren't necessarily people. They can also be spiders and bots. So calling them "people" isn't correct, since they are simply "viewers" of your advertisement. Unique viewers of your advertisement, if you will. As such, that's why they are called Unique Viewers.

Okay, they could be called "Unique People, Bots, Spiders and Anyone/Anything else on the internet that may have viewed your advertisement" . . . but isn't it easier to just say "Unique Viewers"?!

I hope Santa visited you and brought you happy gifts. It's mid-day here, on Christmas Eve, and I'm hoping he doesn't give it all away before he gets here! I've been a good boy this year so I'm hopeful for something fantastic :)

That explains things much netter, now I realise why the name we have rather than something loner..

Christmas finished 9 hours 45 minutes ago here, santa left a lot of pressies down this way and over the ditch for the fire struck Aussies, so he may be a bit short now, I hear the sleigh is a bit limited on pressie space this year, it seems Mrs Santas sleigh is being used as santas broke down, mrs santas sleigh is smaller than santas..

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 12-27-2019

(12-24-2019, 07:57 PM)Sandy Wrote:  
(12-24-2019, 08:59 AM)Jane Wrote:  It’s Christmas Eve!   Cool

So exciting...speaking of exciting...my new bot avatars are exciting! Thanks to the awesomeness of Skyon Archer... :bow:   The snow is falling ,lights are shining... all is festive at Friendly Chatting.

Have a great day everyone. I hope santa brings you awesome things this year...happy Christmas!  :bow: :hi: :)

We're 9 hours in to xmas day and it's already been completely screwed up for me..

Oh dear..why? what happened?

Morning everyone.

Almost 8am and only just getting lighter. 

So..another Christmas over. Was lovely though.  :)

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 12-27-2019

Just wanted to mention that no delivery driver came by the house . . . you may want to do some package tracking, Jane. Hate to see you wasted your money shipping my gift for it to not arrive! ;)

:D

[Image: bMcfB.md.gif]

See this Helena? He didnt leave me ANY cheesecake,then he expects me to do his washing up! of all the cheek. lol

You’ll have to come over and keep an eye on him for me. lol

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 12-28-2019

While Mom's away, the kids will play . . . time to go make a mess of things :D

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 12-29-2019

Morning folks.

A clear mild day today. As for you Mr Archer you can clear up your own cheesecake crumbs.  :D