Planet Nexus
RANDOM comments - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: RANDOM comments (/showthread.php?tid=1)

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 04:42 PM)Jane Wrote:  What mischief have you been up to then?

Been working on making the new Planet Nexus and NexAds something to be proud of. There is a ton of coding that is behind the scene's to make the magic happen at NexAds.

It only makes sense that you install the NexAds system on your site. Free links distributed on other members sites can only bring success.

Remember, you have to put the footer bar code on your site for it to work :)

We offer a lot of different advertisement options so go check it out!

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 05-30-2019

Success? Where, how? :S

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 05-31-2019

Just because you haven't had thousands of new member registrations doesn't mean NexAds hasn't been a success for you.

Your advertisement on NexAds has had:
Ad Views: 35,129
Unique Viewers: 1,974
Ad Clicks: 56

That is almost 2,000 unique viewers and out of those there were 56 who clicked your link!

That was 56 opportunities to gain new members that otherwise you would not of had.

Those were 56 real people, not bots/spiders.

NexAds can't make people register at your forum, that's solely your responsibility. We have sent people to your site though and that, in itself, is a success.

I hope that answered your "where, how" question.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 05-31-2019

What or who make the unique views?

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 05-31-2019

Unique views take into account if they are a spider/bot or not. If they are, they aren't counted. Thus, we are looking at humans.

Now, we compare IP address, user agent string, browser, etc., to identify if they are the same person or not.

Thus, we look to see if their information is "unique", then we count them one time . . . unique.

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 06-01-2019

[Image: qjH4s.md.jpg]
A poem for D Day.  We will remember them.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 06-01-2019

Would things pick up if I swapped browser and used a proxy?

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 06-01-2019

Awesome poem, Jane.

Sandy, your sites activity, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with your access to your forum.

It's hard to make a forum a success in these modern days, you are competing with the likes of Facebook and Instagram.

Some thoughts:

If you have friends that are online and have similar interests, you can e-mail or instant message them to let them know you have have a forum. If you have your own website or blog, you can make a post to announce the existence of your forum to your readers. If you are already active in other forums, you can add a link to your forum in your signature. Search online for other forums that are related to your niche. Start contributing to discussions there and add a link to your signature.

It's important to consider the niche of your forum. Maybe it's too broad. I used to have a forum about the state of Louisiana. It was a dead zone of activity. I revamped it to be specific to the parish (county) I lived in and it suddenly grew to an average of over a thousand online all day and night. Another example, if you make a forum about cars and have categories for all makes and models, that will be overwhelming to the average user and won't take off. However, if scale it back to a forum about 80's Chevrolet trucks, you will have more chance of active participation.

Also, you have to consider the theme, or look, of your forum. Is it appealing to more than just you? Do you have brand recognition happening? A Coca Cola can, in any language, is easily identified as a Coke.

These are just some thoughts.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 06-03-2019

I notice this sites slow loading and responding, that's one thing that puts me off joining any sites I'm interested in, I've never had the patience to wait for pages to load or posts to post no matter where the site is..

RE: RANDOM comments - Mozzie - 06-06-2019

Skyon, whats happening with imgZB, all i am getting is thos

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
imgzb.com
Apache

And the images i have on there aren't showing any longer