Planet Nexus
RANDOM comments - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: RANDOM comments (/showthread.php?tid=1)

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 02:48 AM)Ryan Wrote:  The good old days were REALLY good, but I have a feeling the best days are still ahead. ;)

They were indeed. I still miss zetaboards and the support forum. All those themes and codes...
Ah well...such is life.  :)

RE: RANDOM comments - Ryan - 01-02-2021

ZetaBoards was really just built by one person mostly; no reason it couldn't be done again (and better). :)

RE: RANDOM comments - Ryan - 01-02-2021

*throws an unusually large pecan pie at Helena* :3

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 01-04-2021

Morning folks.

Rang the doctors this morning..,I was number 47 in the queue!  :Shock needless to say I hung up. 

A blustery day today in tier 4. Full lockdown on the way we think

RE: RANDOM comments - Helena - 01-04-2021

(01-02-2021, 08:29 PM)Ryan Wrote:  *throws an unusually large pecan pie at Helena* :3

*catches pie....feels blessed* ^_^

So sick of all the lockdowns. Our state is open, but our mayor apparently thinks his city dwellers are too stupid to protect themselves and is killing the local small businesses. We don't even get a review on the restrictions until the end of January.

Nobody has yet to answer me why its safe to shop at Costco and Walmart, but not the little corner store who has way less traffic, doesn't draw customers from the whole metro, and so would logically be safer.

One of our favorite little quirky cafe/groceries is about to go under despite the neighborhood trying to support it with takeout orders. The challenges of severely limited capacity and curfews are just to much. Someone started a GoFundMe page for them. Its almost to goal in a week, which makes me proud of our neighborhood. But I hope its enough.

RE: RANDOM comments - Ryan - 01-04-2021

Enjoy that pie it was made with real™ Nexian pecans! Puppy Eyes

Quote:Nobody has yet to answer me why its safe to shop at Costco and Walmart, but not the little corner store who has way less traffic, doesn't draw customers from the whole metro, and so would logically be safer.
Don't worry it's not you. The truth is it's not safer to shop at Costco/Walmart versus Ma and Pa convenience, and that the lockdowns and restrictions happening in both our countries are almost always political decisions rather than medical or scientific ones.

I'm really disconnected though so what the heck do I know? :D

RE: RANDOM comments - Helena - 01-05-2021

I agree with you. It becomes more obvious every day that it's about control and advancing politcal agendas, not safety.

*enjoys the pie with a big dollop of bourbon whipped cream*

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 01-05-2021

Morning. Frosty today.

Well...a full lockdown again it is. Prime Minister announced last night. Amazes me the amount of people who think its a hoax. Serious covid deniers marching through London,then of course they get arrested.  Facepalm  

Never had pecan pie..whats it like?

RE: RANDOM comments - Helena - 01-05-2021

Its sweet sticky nuts floating atop a "custard" made of eggs, sugar and corn syrup baked in a pastry crust. Its pretty close to the ultimate fat bomb.

Its probably least damaging served in its cookie tart form, usually called pecan tassies. But only if you keep it to one or two. ^_^

RE: RANDOM comments - Ryan - 01-07-2021

I'm still in awe about what's happening in the U.S. Blink