Planet Nexus
RANDOM comments - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: RANDOM comments (/showthread.php?tid=1)

RE: RANDOM comments - Helena - 04-25-2020

You can only react based on the information you have. There was decisive action early on with the travel ban, it just wasn't enough considering the silent seeding of New York city from europe. If there is blame to be assigned, let's assign it to the communist government who lied about data, sent infected people around the world, and continue to lie and cover up vital information.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-25-2020

I feel that while China was slow letting the world know they had an epidemic, countries still had time to react and get things in place, while we're further away than you are and had a little more time to get a plan of action done and get it implemented I'm surprised other countries including Spain and Italy could've had their countries in lockdown far sooner,.. IMO the only advantage Australia and here had was a little more time to plan and execute, and make sure all the bases were covered..

We've been lucky in that as of 12.00 p.m. on 24 April we'd had only 16 deaths, there was some 1.070 confirmed cases here of which 1,80 had recovered.. On monday 27 April at midnight we'll be dropping from a level 4 lockdown to level 3 which will see most businesses reopen tuesday morning and those kids who don't have a parent or guardian to look after them will be allowed back to school, albeit with social distancing taught to them as soon as the first class starts..

IMHO it's all well and good blaming China for being slow letting the world know about Covid 19, they can't be blamed for various governments not closing their borders and getting into lockdown as quickly as possible, once in lockdown some of the other things like business bailouts and such can be worked on, public safety should be every governments prime concern, not sitting round playing the blame game..

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 04-26-2020

Morning. Lovely sunny Sunday.

Apparently an immunity testing kit could be ready by June. Fingers crossed. Boris is back tomorrow thankfully. 

Most people are obeying the lockdown but lots are not..beaches and parks have been full and roads are filling up again.

Anyone seen the news about Kim Jong Un? True or false? Oh well..every cloud....mind you,his sister who would take over is said to be even worse than him!  :huh:

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 04-26-2020

I believe in saving what's left of the economy but I don't think the average person has the discipline to keep safe.

I went to fill up gas cans and tons of citizens were out. None had on masks or even gloves.

Reflash . . . here we come!

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-26-2020

The masks and gloves aren't compulsory here, unless you're a doctor, nurse or caregiver, we are expected to keep a 2 metre gap between us and the folk round us though, mot people here are being pretty good about that and not going out unless it's necessary.. we're dropping to level 3 at 11.59 p.m. tonight, so we must've got it right somewhere I guess..

Kim Jong Un, I heard about a week ago he hadn't been seen in public for some 10 days, at that point there was some speculation something had happened to him like a heart attack or such, time wil tell I guess..

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 04-27-2020

Morning. Another lovely day.

Well Boris is back this morning. Mind you lockdown,what lockdown? People went to beaches and parks at the weekend... :@  A couple were caught driving over 300 miles from London to North Wales to climb mount Snowden! Not only that,.no insurance or driving licence!!  :@ :@ :@

Curse these people! I couldnt see mum on her 80th birthday,and if these selfish idiots keep on,God knows when I’ll see my parents or my brother!  :@

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-27-2020

We've had a few bad eggs too, beeping teens thinking they're bulletproof driving round 5 or 6 to a car, and speeding too.. Our police have been given a lot of extra powers while we've been on level 4, so a lot of them had their cars impounded and copped pretty hefty fines, then told next time they were caught they'd be in for prison time..

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 04-27-2020

I went Walmart and Home Depot today, walked away from the line at Home Depot though. Walmart was a joke. Signs everywhere saying to be 6 feet apart, yet no one was. Minimal masks being worn.

Business as usual around here.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-28-2020

What is iy with people there, they seem to even be protesting against the lockdown afer you've had over 50,000 deaths so far.. Seems folk there have a death wish.. :S.. Thank god I live somewhere where the people are mostly following the rules and wanting to live a bit longer..

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 04-28-2020

Morning. Raining today..good though,the  grass and plants need some rain.

More idiots...having huge drunken parties,completely ignoring social distancing. Clearly the rules dont apply to them!  :@ 

LINK 

Some of our rules could be relaxed soon, so a small family gathering of up to ten..good because I want to see my parents and my brother.