Planet Nexus
RANDOM comments - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: RANDOM comments (/showthread.php?tid=1)

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 04-05-2020

That seems to be the normal for all communities, it's the same down here in the deep south.

Except for the teens. For some reason teens are running the streets like packs of dogs. Not a care in the world.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-05-2020

All our restaurants, takeaways and bars are shut at present and will be until level 4 drops, they aren't essential here and attract crowds or large gatherings.. We do have the likes of plumbers and electricians still working of course.. Our government did a bail ouy deal fror restaurants and takeaways so owners could still pay wages etc a week or two ago, so hopefully less people will lose their jobs..

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 04-06-2020

Afternoon everyone.

Cooler today than yesterday and quite breezy. This lockdown is getting tiresome...oh well...

I’ve sent you a question Helena.

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 04-06-2020

@Jane:

I can answer your question. Yes, you can sweep and mop the staff offices of Planet Nexus in exchange for your annual dues.

@Sandy:

The New South Wales Police issued a news release stating that an investigation has been launched into the circumstances surrounding the docking and disembarking of passengers from the cruise ship Ruby Princess on 18 March. When the ship arrived in Sydney that day, local authorities were told that several passengers were ill, but that none exhibited symptoms of COVID-19. Later, information was received that those passengers tested positive for COVID-19 and exhibited symptoms while on board the ship. Of the 1040 crew members currently on board, 20 have confirmed positive for COVID-19 and up to 200 are displaying symptoms. Initial assessment of the ship's pratique have left questions about the transparency in conceptualizing the health conditions of passengers and crew in relation to COVID-19. link

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-06-2020

Australia has a different set up for Dovid 19 than we do, a lot of our rules regarding tourists are far more stringent than there's which is surprising given they rely on rourism like us.. No one is allowed into NZ at present unless they hold residency here, IF they come home for whatever reason they have to have been tested before leaving where ever they;re leaving from, then go into self isolation for 2 weeks on arrival here.. I'm not sure of the specifics of the ship regarding possible cases and such, but I am surprised Aussie wasn't aware there was possible cases on board and were or werwn't prepared for it.. I seem to remember the ship was here in our port in Napier and had a few cases then, we've now got a number of folk here infected since the ships departure from Napier

I'a little surprised all cruises haven't stopped by now given the Covid 19 pandemic, there were people in isolation on the ship, but IMO they wouldn't be able to effectively stop the spread of Covid 19 even with those infected in isolation.. At present the only ships coming in and out of BZ are cargo ships, our oil supplies go directly to Marsden Point up Auckland way, the rest of the ships are mainly exports like meat and such going to places like Brtain at present.. Our Napier port is still sending out fertiliser and a bit of meat and getting a few imported cars in for local car dealers, as far as I know there's not been any cruise ships arrive or leave any port here since the one you mention..

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-08-2020

Here you go Skyon, a story about the Ruby Princess in Australia..

Ruby Princess.

Another spammer with us I see.. Rolleyes

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 04-09-2020

Crazy isn't it?!

This whole coronavirus mess is going to change a lot of how we, the world, do business and handle business.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-09-2020

Uou'd be right I think, it's affecting our trade and tourism at present and could do so for at least 12 months, our borders are closed to tourists at present and are likely to have strixt rules in olace from the time we go back ro level 3 down to nothing, after all the alerts levels are off I feel there's going to be harder rules in place before someone gets through customs.. Our trades taken a knock too, from what I can gather there's at least a third less ships leaving here with cargo destined for places like Britain and such, we rely on tourism and trade here for the countries main income, the governments spending money on bailout packages for businesses so they'll keep their staff on, welfare has seen extra people collect unemployment benefits and a lot of existing benefit collecters getting graants for extras for food and getting bills paid.. I think the government had allowed in excess of $1.4 billion for the business bailout alone, welfares likely needed another $10 million so far, it could be some time before it's paid back to either the IMF or World Bank..

Once our trades up and rolling again I suspect there will be a lot of new rules in place for checks and safety measures before ships can leave here, tourists coming in may face a harder tine getting through customs which may put them off coming here.. IMO the Covid 19 has been a wake up call for most countries, not just us, scary wake up call really eh..

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 04-10-2020

An IMF story for you about the workd economy..

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52236936

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 04-10-2020

This is a crazy statistic . . .

[Image: fQQzx.png]