Planet Nexus
RANDOM comments - Printable Version

+- Planet Nexus (https://planetnexus.net/community)
+-- Forum: Planet Control (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://planetnexus.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: RANDOM comments (/showthread.php?tid=1)

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 03-30-2020

A slight aside to covid 19, I heard yesterday that us kiwis were using a litte over 4.3 terrabytes of data a second on sunday with folk working from home and being in lockdown, not bad considering our population is about 4.7 million people..

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 03-30-2020

I find that to be a hard number to swallow, but I guess it could be.

Nonetheless, the world is hitting the internet hard but it is a robust tool that will take it. I read an article that stated the "strain" being observed in the USA is no more than what happens during a NFL Superbowl game spike in usage.

Let's just hope it keeps on flowing :)

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 03-30-2020

I believe some update for an online game was released when we hit that figure, so no doubt a lot of folk were downloading it while dad was working from home and hooked into the work servers.. A lot of people are doing the online shopping rather than going into supermarkets too, then get it delivered, some supermarkets here have a system whereby you shop online, the supermarket then puts your shopping in a secure locker for you ready for pick up at a specified time.. Other shops like computer stores and clothing shops are closed for in store shopping, but still doing online shopping and your purchases are sent out by courier.. With schools also closed indefinitely mums are getting the kids online to do research too, no doubt mums on Facebook or such while the kids are doing school work..

My doctor kindly reminded me last friday week I'm a high risk patient, while I've just got home from shopping and visiting the chemist for my various medications a lot of high risk folk are getting shopping online and getting it delivered along with their medications..

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 03-30-2020

Seems the entire world has people online shopping. It may very well be a new way of life :(

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 03-31-2020

Things are all about convenience these days with a lot of families having both parents working full time eh.. Why go to a store while they could send it to you and tou can get on with other important things?

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 03-31-2020

Afternoon folks.

Lovely and sunny at the moment. Very breezy though. Nice to be able to sit outside for a while.

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 03-31-2020

Sitting outside, enjoying the sweet smell of covid19 in the air . . . :D

RE: RANDOM comments - Jane - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 11:35 AM)Skyon Archer Wrote:  Sitting outside, enjoying the sweet smell of covid19 in the air . . . :D

:D :D :D

Been a good day..but...I am SICK of the news now. The sooner this goes away the better. sheesh.

RE: RANDOM comments - Sandy - 03-31-2020

It does seem to be dominating the BBC news at present, the other day while viositing their news site there was some 30 bews stories and only 3 weren't Covod 19 related, the sad thing is that it'll likely ve a year before the world is back to some semblance of normality..

RE: RANDOM comments - Skyon Archer - 04-02-2020

Okay, let's talk about trips to Mars, Tesla cars or how awesome cumin makes food taste.

I'm tired of coronavirus!

:)